Friday, May 28, 2010

Peanut Allergy & Pirate Ship

Ok, moms...who knows anything about peanut allergies? Our sweet Paxton had an awful reaction to peanut butter yesterday, the second time ever eating it. We did Benadryl last night (and now every 6 hours), per doctors instructions, woke up this morning with eyes almost swollen shut, mouth swollen open, entire body covered with fire red skin and a bumpy rash. We were off to the peditrician this morning, and are now owners of 2 epi pens. SO stinkin' SCARY. Any tips? Anything I need to avoid? Trying to do research on allergies to peanuts or peanut oil. I have pics that I havent uploaded yet, will do later. Just hugging on my guy today. BTW, Kellen ate the peanut butter on wheat bread with no problems. Pax only had one bite.

Pre-peanut allergic reaction our afternoons were filled with this new toy in the backyard...a water table pirate ship. The boys will literally pound on the door in our sun room to go outside, becoming soaked in a matter of minutes. Clean-up...well, that takes much longer!!!



Kellen's little wet feet!

Paxton's little wet feet!

Lovin' on some sugar-free popsicles!


1 comment:

Jenn Jenn said...

I am not a mom, but have been reading alot on the topic. There are different severities of the allergy. Some so bad that even the smell of peanut butter can cause a reaction. I know a teacher who was told to leave anything peanut at home. Just make sure he has no peanut products and he can get his protien elsewhere. I read alot on this topic cause I hope to one day be a mother adn I have to be prepared. As well as always keep the epi pen close.