Monday, November 9, 2009

These are the BEST days of my life...

Ive been reflecting lately on my young(ish) 30 years, not sure why, maybe that is natural as we age. I have realized at the age of 30 my life can be put into several categories...childhood, high school, college, my twenties, and now married with two kids. Each period of my life has been peppered with ups and downs. Every dark moment has been followed with heavenly sunlight. I think I became an adult in my childhood, I survived high school with some shred of self esteem (what more can we ask for from high school:-)), college was fabulous in a I-get-to-sleep-until-noon-and-have-no-responsibility kinda way, my twenties were grand finding a career and my love, but now, this moment with these children and Aaron...these are the best days of my life.

In the depths of infertility, given a 1% chance of naturally conceiving our own children, I would tell myself...maybe this is happening for a reason, maybe I wasnt meant to me a mother, maybe my life was meant for something else, maybe just maybe this whole mom thing isnt what it is cracked up to be. Well, thank God (literally) I was given the title of mommy. I relish it, I roll around in it, I thank God everyday for it, and when I look into those sweet eyes everyday all I can think is these are the best days of my life.

No comments: