Monday, September 20, 2010

Info on Chairs, A Trilogy of Books, and Toddler Activities

I have gotten several emails and a comment requesting details on the chairs we bought. Danny (the refurbisher) goes to the same spot at the Nashville flea market every month...he will be there this weekend. I wish I could tell you I could remember where, but I dont. If you would like his cell phone number to get the exact location, email me and I will send it back to you. I just dont want to put it online without his permission. He is a super-super nice guy and I know would welcome the phone calls. I will tell you this, we spent $280 on 7 chairs. He mostly sells to local furniture shops in Nasvhille, and those stores turn around and sell the chairs for $125 and up. We bought each for $40. WORTH the drive to our flea market!! Also, someone mentioned needing table and chairs, he has great tables and he also does children's beds that are great. Anyway, hope this helps!

So where I have been? My best friend, Stephanie (who got engaged on Saturday YIPPPEE), told me I had to read this trilogy of books by Penny Vincenzi. The books are No Angel, Something Dangerous, and Into Temptation. Each book is 700 or so pages, and I am obsessed!!! So, if you are looking for some good fiction, you have got to pick these books up. I have spent every naptime enthralled in these books!!

So I bought this book called The Toddler's Busy Book: 365 Creative Learning Games and Activities to Keep Your 1 1/2 - 3 Year Old Busy by Trish Kuffner. The plan is to do every single one of them and document them here. Hope someone can catch some ideas.

p.256 Bathtub Fingerpainting
We loved it! This activity has two major benefits. 1) the boys got a bath right after we finished without having to move them through the house with paint everywhere 2) the tub got a good cleaning as well. I used three colors of tempera fingerpaint, it washed right off them and the tub.




No comments: